Best. Thank You Note. Ever.
Lucinda Secrest McDowell
Mama taught me that when given a Gift, the only proper response is to say “Thank You”… then immediately write a Thank You note. So, today as I write some thank you notes, my heart is full of gratitude – to God, family, friends, readers…
This week I am overflowing with THANKS for….
- The milestone of My Birthday this week and God giving me Life and Health and Jesus – and for lovely wishes from so many. I’m also thankful this year to be celebrating tomorrow among many friends in the publishing industry while gathering at a conference in what I call “God’s Country” – Black Mountain/Montreat where I lived so long ago. (see photo below of me climbing on Montreat’s Lookout Mountain the year after Furman graduation)
- Celebrating this week with joy the 35st Anniversary of marriage to my faithful and godly husband Michael. Truly, it is All Grace that he has put up with me these many years. So very thankful for his recovery this year from some major medical concerns. What a privilege to be able to grow old together…
- On Memorial Day coming up, I remember with gratitude all those who serve in the Military and preserve our Freedom (including my own Daddy of ‘the greatest generation.’) I’m also very grateful for First Responders here as well as many ordinary people who sacrifice with heroic acts in the face of violence.
- Rejoicing this week in daughter Maggie’s Birthday and for the Amazing daughter, wife, mama, singer, actor, friend, sister and compassionate human she is. An early gift was her singing “All the Way” to me at a recent concert – the old Frank Sinatra song I sang to her each bedtime while growing up, so obviously life has come full circle. Yes, there were tears…
The fabulous surprise gift of daughter Fiona’s family moving from London to New York City in two weeks time and welcoming their third child in September.
- My Mama’s 92nd Birthday last week and the privilege of celebrating with her and my two sisters later this summer, God willing. God gave me just the two parents I needed and I know that doesn’t always happen, so I never take them for granted.
- Bright summer days ahead which include speaking on holiday at our family favorite Camp of the Woods in the New York Adirondacks with our son Justin, plus visiting son Tim in Montana.
- Upcoming release in November of my 14th book “Life-Giving Choices ~ 60 Days to What Matters Most” from the good folks at New Hope Publishers. And for grace and just the right words to meet my Book #15 deadline this summer.
- Every New Opportunity to share my Encouraging Words with the world…
Why don’t you join me in praying one of my favorite thank-you-notes-to-God today, as though it were the very first time? Savor each word and pour out your grateful heart to the Lord who loves us more than we can possibly imagine….
Best. Thank You Note. Ever.
(Write it. Pray it. Live it.)
“Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we Your unworthy servants give You humble thanks for all Your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom You have made. We bless You for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for Your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of Your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth Your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to Your service, and by walking before You in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with You and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.”(Book of Common Prayer)
I know that the very best way to respond to such abundance of blessing is to offer our lives back to God, willing to be used in any way for His purpose and plan. Friends, let’s give back and pay it forward.
Thank You Notes are good for the soul…
under the mercy, Lucinda
“Helping You Choose a Life of Serenity and Strength”
My newest book “Life-Giving Choices ~ 60 Days to What Matters Most” is a devotional journal which can help any woman make the most important choices every day. Coming out this Fall from the good folks at New Hope Publishers, it is available now for pre-order HERE.
©2019 Lucinda Secrest McDowell www.EncouragingWords.net
NOTE: Did you enjoy this blog? If so, would you consider entering your email in the above right form and subscribing to it by email? I assure you I won’t overload your in-box, but would love to send you these ‘encouraging words’ each Wednesday. Thanks!