reNEW - retreat for New England Writing and Speaking
Seven years ago some writer friends and I began a spiritual retreat for writers and speakers. We now call it reNEW - retreat for New England Writing and Speaking, based on Colossians 3:10 “renewed in knowledge after the image of Him.” Today I co-direct this community with fellow author Rachel Britton and we would love to share reNEW with you.
At reNEW, we believe the core of our calling as writers and speakers is faithfulness to Christ, emphasizing the need to grow deep inwardly, which in turn affects our outward reach.
- Your faith in Christ and commitment to deep spiritual growth — “after the image of Him.” (Colossians 3.10)
- Your vision for sharing your unique story and message through writing and/or speaking.
- Your relationships and encouragement of others in this creative community.
- Your craft and skill in all areas of communication – “renewed in knowledge” (Colossians 3.10)
- Your soul, through a deliberate time of retreating from ordinary life.
- Your courage to share your words with a broken world.
Rachel Britton and Lucinda Secrest McDowell
Each year we celebrate new books by our authors!
What to expect at reNEW
- Relaxing atmosphere in a refreshing environment conducive to thinking, writing, praying, studying and listening to God. Labyrinth and 46 acres of walking paths.
- Dedicated space and time for writing, research or tweaking your work in progress.
- Teaching and leadership from professional faculty who are dedicated to Christ and willing to share their journey.
- Celebration of each victory and acceptance of all on the path.
- Fellowship around tables, walks, and spontaneous interaction with a variety of people who are seeking to live authentically.
- Opportunities for growth and learning through a variety of teaching presentations.
- Worship and prayer times that focus on Almighty God.
- Support and sharing of ideas, lessons learned and practical help to increase the depth and breadth of your reach.
- Everyone has a single room and healthy meals are included.
- Preparation for future involvement at larger writing/speaking conferences.
I would love for you to consider joining us for reNEW 2020 held October (8)9-11, 2020. We deliberately limit the group to seventy, and are already one-third full. For all information go to the reNEW website www.reNEWwriting.com