reNEW - spiritual retreat for writers & speakers
In 2013, some writer friends and I started a creative community to encourage those who were seeking to write and speak in the Name of Jesus. We now call it reNEW - spiritual retreat for writers & speakers, based on Colossians 3:10 “renewed in knowledge after the image of Him.” Today I co-direct this community with fellow author Rachel Britton and we would love to share reNEW with you.
At reNEW, we believe the core of our calling as writers and speakers is faithfulness to Christ, emphasizing the need to grow deep inwardly, which in turn affects our outward reach.
- Your faith in Christ and commitment to deep spiritual growth — “after the image of Him.” (Colossians 3.10)
- Your vision for sharing your unique story and message through writing and/or speaking.
- Your relationships and encouragement of others in this creative community.
- Your craft and skill in all areas of communication – “renewed in knowledge” (Colossians 3.10)
- Your soul, through a deliberate time of retreating from ordinary life.
- Your courage to share your words with a broken world.
reNEW 2023 at Camp of the Woods
How do you as a writer and speaker get filled up so you can pour out to others with words of life, hope, and courage?
reNEW is not a large, busy conference, but a retreat where community gathers in nature and beauty; at desks to write and workshops to learn and in worship to pray and draw closer to God. We want to help fill up your body, soul, and spirit so that you can powerfully respond to God's call on your life.
Will you join us in April (27) 28-30, 2023 at Camp of the Woods in the beautiful New York Adirondacks? A vibrant creative community awaits you to encourage, explore, and exalt God above all.
What to expect at reNEW:
- Relaxing atmosphere in a refreshing environment conducive to thinking, writing, praying, studying and listening to God.
- Dedicated space and time for writing, research or tweaking your work in progress.
- Teaching and leadership from professional faculty who are dedicated to Christ and willing to share their journey.
- Celebration of each victory and acceptance of all on the path.
- Fellowship around tables, walks, and spontaneous interaction with a variety of people who are seeking to live authentically.
- Opportunities for growth and learning through a variety of teaching presentations.
- Worship and prayer times that focus on Almighty God.
- Support and sharing of ideas, lessons learned and practical help to increase the depth and breadth of your reach.
- Everyone has a single room and healthy meals are included.
- Preparation for future involvement at larger writing/speaking conferences.
Lucinda Secrest McDowell and Rachel Britton
Each year we celebrate new books by our authors!