YOU are at the top of my Gratitude List!
I’m grateful each time you click on my newsletter and my weekly 7 am Wednesday blogs. Thank you for reading.
Friend, today I want to remind both of us that there is Light to be found, even in the surrounding darkness. “The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.” John 1.5 “For God, who said, ‘Let light shine out of darkness,’ made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.” 2 Corinthians 4.6
Of course, I’m aware of what is happening on so many fronts – pandemic virus, financial instability, political confusion, relationship challenges, and inner turmoil.
But today, on the eve of American Thanksgiving which may look quite different for many of us, I want to “enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.” Psalm 100.4-5
In addition to being thankful for you, I am THANKFUL…
- For sustained health and strength.
- For family who daily bear with me and for family I cannot see and miss dearly.
- For every open door for sharing words of grace, strength, encouragement and hope.
- For those who believe in me enough to publish my books and invite me to speak.For everyone who has read my new books “Soul Strong” and “Life-Giving Choices” this year and especially those who dropped me a note or penned an online review.
- For bi-weekly early morning trips to the local grocer for food – and for extra time to prepare healthy and simple meals.
- For financial provision from unexpected places and for a small 4-evenings-a-week job.
- For young mamas and daddies who are doing a valiant job in nurturing and teaching littles in such a challenging atmosphere.
- For all those friends who reach out, even when I am cocooning. For my weekly online Bible Study sisters and prayer partners.
- For a God who dwells within me and accompanies my every moment – offering His strength, His words, His empowerment, and His hope.
- For learning the value of a small and simple life.
- For a heritage of ordinary and extraordinary saints who have gone before and suffered much – who left their lives and words as a testimony that “nothing is impossible with God” and we can do this Hard Thing.
Advent begins this weekend.
I hope you will watch/listen in the unfolding Light as we all learn to Shine!
A Look Ahead to January.
Want to start the year strong — individually or with a group?
I am offering an 8-week study on my interactive life journal “Soul Strong – 7 Keys to a Vibrant Life” available January 3rd for individuals or groups. You can watch the 8 video teaching lessons any time, plus full outline downloads of each session and discussion questions are provided. You will need a copy of the book “Soul Strong,” but the video teaching is fresh material which complements the book. The study is FREE, but a small Love Offering is always appreciated.
under the mercy, Lucinda
“Helping You Choose a Life of Serenity & Strength”
©2020 Lucinda Secrest McDowell
Lucinda Secrest McDowell is a storyteller and seasoned mentor who engages both heart and mind while “Helping You Choose a Life of Serenity & Strength.” She has authored 15 books including “Soul Strong – 7 Keys to a Vibrant Life” and “Life-Giving Choices – 60 Days to What Matters Most.” She writes from “Sunnyside” cottage in New England and shares encouraging words at LucindaSecrestMcDowell.com